Monday, April 21, 2014

The last full week in Chicago

Spending time at home Easter weekend was great, but I definitely got myself off track.  A few too many indulgences...potatoes (carbs), ice cream, a sip of wine here and there, and a very yummy margarita.  I need to rest, reset, exercise/stretch more, and clean up the diet.  Cancer loves glucose.

Thanks to my cousin Thom I'm back in Chicago.  He came and got me on Friday and brought me back in less than ideal weather today.  There are no words to describe how grateful we are, and no way to repay Thom's kindness.  Lots of prayers for his safe trip home. And a couple shots of DuPage Airport, one of the fanciest small airports you'll ever come across.

I've included a picture of the Martin Mitchell Museum.  It's in Downtown Naperville on the DuPage River.  I had the opportunity to tour it last week.  The family made their money in brick and limestone and used the mansion to display their products.  The mansion is so grand it has an upstairs and downstairs bathroom, unheard of in those days.

Once again, thank you all for your love and messages.  I couldn't do this without you and I thank you from the bottom of my heart.
Martin Mitchell Museum

DuPage Airport from the tarmac

DuPage Airport from the front

No comments:

Post a Comment