Wednesday, April 30, 2014

Bags packed

If any of you are in Chicago I highly recommend a dinner with "Da Coach".  Last night's dinner at Ditka's was the best meal I've had so far in Chicago.  Thank you Tom and Carrie.  I'm constantly reminded of the amazing kindness of friends to offer hope, healing, and show me that love is all around.  And tonight Carrie is cooking dinner -  I'll be there at 5:30.

I also received my certificate of completion at my "graduation ceremony" today along with a personalized CDH official challenge coin.  It commemorates the dedication, mission, passion, and spirit of the staff at the CDH Proton Center.  It was a nice lunch and a chance to say goodbye to all the wonderful staff members that I've meet over the last few weeks.

But I'm so psyched to be going home in the morning.  My stuff is packed and as soon as this final treatment is over I hope to be on my way home.  Due to weather difficulties I'm not exactly sure how I'm getting home, but the Former Boyfriend is working hard to make sure I'm home as soon as possible.

It's time to get settled and be vigilant about my self-care.  De-stress, walk the dogs, spend some time with my hubby, eat right, and get back to work.  I'll see you all soon.

Visiting "Da Coach" with Tom & Carrie


No comments:

Post a Comment