Thursday, April 17, 2014

A weekend at home now in sight

No fun museums the last couple days. I've been having trouble with a recent Ipad update, so Wednesday I went into Naperville to visit the Apple store.  The Apple tech was nice enough but the last thing he wanted to do was deal with a computer illiterate woman who wasn't going to buy anything.  Oh well. I did manage to snap a few pics of some of the features in downtown Naperville that I've been talking about.

Thursdays are when I meet with Dr. Chang aka Dr. Rad.  He's pleased with my progress and how my skin looks.  He gave me some additional medicine to protect it.  But I'm down to 115 pounds and he's not sure why.  And yes I am eating. I'm enjoying my stay in Chicago, I've met so many amazing people.  I'm thankful to all the folks at CDH Proton Center.  It's a special place.

But I'll be heading home to Columbus tomorrow as soon as my treatment is finished.  I am so psyched to see everybody.  I miss home so much.  Happy Easter. Love to all and a big heartfelt thanks.

Covered bridge on the Riverwalk

West Branch of the DuPage River with covered bridge in background

Amphitheater at Riverwalk

1 comment:

  1. Keep eating all you can!! We so love reading your posts and pray for you each and every day!! Have a blessed Easter at home with the former boyfriend and your puppies!! <3, Kimberly and Mark

    ReplyDelete