Wednesday, April 9, 2014

Enjoying the break in the weather

I've really been enjoying the past two days.  Finally getting out of the hotel and into the sunshine with temperatures somewhere around 60 degrees.

I love downtown Naperville.  The forefathers had the vision to provide plenty of free parking downtown to keep the businesses alive.  There is so much beauty and charm with unique shops and cafés everywhere.

The Riverwalk in downtown Naperville consists of miles of brick paths with covered bridges, fountains, outdoor theaters, and gorgeous landscaping.  At one point on the path is the Moser Bell Tower.  It has 72 bells that span six octaves.  It's one of only four world wide.  I can just imagine what this area is like in the summer.

While on my walk I came across this bronze sculpture of Dr. Suess's Cat in the Hat.  He's 8 foot tall and stands in front of the library-and the residents are very proud that their library has been ranked number one in the nation.

And I checked out Herrick Lake, a 885 acre forest preserve that is just north of my hotel.  Originally it was home to the Potawatomi Indians - their trails serve as the basis for roads I drive on everyday.  Herrick Lake is part of a series of preserves all connected that provide 3700 acres of open space and trails.  I have a lot to check out.

Tomorrow after treatment I'm off to see St. James Farm.  It's over 600 acres with barns that date back to the 1800's.

And on Friday I'll be HOME!  I can't wait.

No caption necessary

Herrick Lake

Riverwalk

Monument

Bell Tower

No comments:

Post a Comment