Sunday, March 23, 2014

The weekend!



I’m home!  And even if it is only for a couple of days it feels so good.  The kind folks at the Proton Center were able to schedule my daily appointment on Friday at 1:30 instead of 5:30 which is my regular appointment time.  I finished in a little over a half an hour and headed out to DuPage County Air Port.

My cousin Thom was waiting for me with his awesome Piper Dakota plane and we flew back to Columbus.  We hit the ground at Darby Dan just before 6 pm.  I am absolutely LOVING flying back and forth.  Soaring above the clouds is so good for the spirit and having the extra time at home with no exhaustion from driving is a gift from Thom that the Former Boyfriend and I will never be able to repay.

I am settling in to a routine in Chicago.  I’m finding good places to eat, learning my way around Warrenville and Naperville, and the Marriott Residence Inn has a really nice exercise room that I need to take better advantage of next week.  I believe I’m going to have some company this week in Chicago to make the week roll along a little faster and I’m looking forward to that.

My absence has been hard on the Former Boyfriend, Tillie & Rose so I’m doing what I can to make the transition easier for everyone.  Can’t wait for this month of treatment to be over.  Thanks again for all your thoughts and prayers.


No comments:

Post a Comment