Saturday, March 15, 2014

A slight delay



Finally, after a stressful week the Former Boyfriend and I got the call on Friday night at 8 p.m. that I would start treatment at the Proton Center on Tuesday March 18th at 5:30 p.m.  Not a lot of time for planning – we had an estimated date, but couldn’t put any concrete plans together until we got the call.
 
The CDH Proton Center is amazing.  They start patient treatment times at 6:30a.m. and continue treating patients nonstop until 10:30p.m.  I had hoped for an appointment time between 9 -11a.m.   making travel back and forth easier but 5:30p.m. was the only slot available.  Since protons offer less overall treatment time with minimal side effects, less cosmetic damage compared with the burn marks caused by regular radiation, and it is more accurate and precise than regular radiation and has no effect on energy levels I’m willing to endure the few inconveniences.

And what a difference sunshine makes.  I had my best workout since surgery today.  I even managed to do 20 girl push-ups!!!  I’ll try for more this afternoon.

This weekend I’ll get to work stocking up the fridge for the Former Boyfriend.  Since I met him we’ve never been apart like we will be this next month.  This may be the most challenging part of treatment yet – leaving my life behind for a month.

Thanks again for all the beautiful, loving and encouraging thoughts.  Your words make me smile, help connect me to my strength, reassure me, and restore my faith.  I’ll be posting pictures of my adventure in Chicago.

No comments:

Post a Comment