Thursday, March 6, 2014

Oh what a relief it is



It’s been another week of doctor appointments.  But they were good appointments. Today I met with my surgeon and she removed the last surgical drain from under my right arm. Hallelujah! You wouldn’t think a drain could be so uncomfortable, limiting and downright annoying. But they really were. They are little plastic tubes attached to hand grenade sized containers with flip-tops.  They were literally stitched into my skin to keep them from falling out.  Every time I moved my arm the sutures would pull.  I had to wear a special top with a pocket to hold the drains.  One wrong move and Ouch!  While attending to the drains one day the flip-top accidentally opened and the kitchen looked like a murder scene. Yuck!!!

I shouldn’t complain because so many women have it much worse than I do.  I know that surgical drains are necessary to prevent swelling, pain and infection– but boy am I glad they are gone.  Maybe I can get the Former Boyfriend to take me out to dinner to celebrate.

This afternoon I had the opportunity to stop by my office the Nationwide Children’s Family Resource Center.  I spent a half an hour with my Supervisor, Paul and had the chance to see several co-workers.  I’m so very lucky to be a part of that staff- they are an amazing group and I really miss them.

We did get to go out and had an amazing dinner at Trattoria Roma. John even managed to snap a picture.

And as always, thanks for all your continued support and prayers.


No comments:

Post a Comment