Friday, June 27, 2014

I've been scanned



Today I went for my first full-body Thermography scan (here’s a link if you’re interested http://www.ohioinfraredhealth.com/index.htm ).  Its heat based and gives an inside peek into heat patterns in my body.  Cancer cells produce much more heat than regular cells so basically, this test can see cancer growing before you can feel a lump or it can be imaged with any other medical equipment.

I knew very little about thermography or how it was conducted.  Lots of people with cancer, unidentifiable pain, or other medical problems have this test, but I paid no attention to what they said. I was confident that I would never be having one. But now I am. So today, the day of my test I could eat or drink anything I wanted, but it needed to be room temperature.  No exercise, no going outside, basically anything that would alter my body temperature (cold or hot) was verboten until after the test.

Once I arrived, I was given the obligatory little white hospital gown, we went over my medical records and got started.  I stood in front of the camera and had 4 – 6 shots taken of all the different sections of my body.  I’m thinking somewhere in excess of 60 images were taken.  The room was nice and warm and the Nurse Dena was very thorough and professional.  All in all it took about an hour and then I was free to resume the rest of my day.

 We should have the results on Monday, prayers gratefully accepted.  Have a great weekend everyone.



1 comment:

  1. Prayed the Rosary for you today!! Happy thoughts and prayers are coming your way!! Hang in there!!

    ReplyDelete