Saturday, June 7, 2014

The One Month Check-up….


Thursday was a beautiful day and Cousin Thom stepped in once again and flew the Former Boyfriend and me to Chicago.  The sky was so clear you could see for miles and miles.   Literally.  We could see Downtown Chicago and the lake from 70 miles away.  What a great day and thank you again Thom…we enjoyed every minute.



And basically, in my mind the news is great!  Dr. Chang aka Dr. Rad was pleased with what he saw during my check-up so I won’t be going back to Chicago until sometime in November. But I will be continue to be monitored closely by my doctors here in Columbus.  I know in my heart everything can change in an instant.



On Friday the 13th, I will be getting my chemotherapy port removed.  This has been an uphill battle with my Surgeon (she would like to leave it in), but with my Oncologist on my side I got the date and I’m excited to get this thing removed next week and take another step toward putting this all behind me.
cell phone pictures just can't do justice to the view we had

No comments:

Post a Comment