Wednesday, February 12, 2014

With vacations like this.......



The Former Boyfriend and I had possibly the worst vacation ever.  I’m not sure why I’ve hit such a skid of bad luck, but it just keeps coming by the bucket full.  We were headed off to Central Florida for fun and sun…life sure gets funny.  Instead we got nothing but rain on our only day there.  No big deal we had a good lunch and checked out a lot of great places inside but then we got THE phone call at 4:00.

Our dear little dog Tillie got away from our friends and they couldn’t find her anywhere.  We stopped what we were doing and headed back to Paul and Deb’s home.  Our goal was to get to Columbus as fast as we could to help with the Tillie search.  Unfortunately, there wasn’t a single flight out of Orlando late Saturday headed north.  The best we could do was 9:00 on Sunday morning.

Our week has been filled with getting up at the crack of dawn to look for Tillie and searching when we get off work until the sun goes down.  We've seen her several times, but we can’t get close enough to get her.  Just to rub it in even more I was shit on by a pterodactyl – it was all over my shoulder and back!

But I must say it’s been hard to believe the amount of help we’ve received from complete strangers.  They’ve been out riding in their cars and stomping through the cold and knee deep snow trying to help us track her down.  There is no way to ever repay the kindness we’ve received – we’ll just have to pay it forward. John says it's cured his cynicism about people.

And then there’s my big surgery day on Friday.  The reality is slowly sinking in and I’ve got a little nervous energy, but mostly I’m exhausted from the Tillie search.  Thursday morning John's sister Mary Jo is coming into town to take care of me for a few days. She’s got her work cut out for her. But the ice storm down south has been constantly changing her flight plans. She'd been hoping to get in today. Then tomorrow morning. Now, we'll see,

 Please pray that we get that beautiful little freckle faced dog back before I go under the knife.  I’m pretty tough but I want a dog on either side of me as I recover.

Between working,  searching for Tillie and taking care of me I hope the Former Boyfriend has some energy left to put up a post or two.  I’m not sure when I’ll be feeling up to it again.

Oh here's a picture of us in the rain in Florida, before the phone call.

No comments:

Post a Comment