Thursday, February 20, 2014

Thanks Mary Jo. Miss you already.

A very special thank you to the Former Boyfriend’s sister Mary Jo.  She came from Virginia the day of surgery after several airport delays and she just left our home this morning.  It’s a sad and quiet day.  I didn’t realize how much I was feeding off of her non-stop energy.

Mary Jo was such a great help…she started the fire every morning before we got up so the house was toasty warm, she did meals, laundry, cleaning and worst of all she helped me with my surgical drains.  They are gross, smelly and no fun at all.  How blessed I am to have a Sister-In –Law that doesn’t bat an eye at such a nasty task.

I’m surrounded by such an amazing group of family and friends, and I feel it.  And it is beautiful.  And I know that it is what is getting me through – helping me heal.

Thank you Mary Jo and everyone.

1 comment:

  1. You are so strong!!! We are so proud of you!! My sister works at Mount Carmel and knows Dr. Slam...says she is great!! Hope the recovery is going well! We are praying each and every day!! Glad that the former boyfriend has been such a rock!!! Also, glad Tillie made it home in time!!!! Have a restful weekend!! Stay strong!! YOU ROCK!!! <3, Kimberly and Mark

    ReplyDelete