Friday, June 9, 2017

Not your average Tom and Joe



We’re continuing on with Johnny’s new motto: “Enjoy Every Minute” so Wednesday night we saw the Joe Walsh/ Tom Petty 40th Anniversary tour.  Joe opened up and if the concert had been over after Walsh’s performance, I would have left very happy.  He played “Rocky Mountain Way” and “Take it to the Limit” as well as other favorites before closing out with “Life’s Been Good To Me So Far.”  His show was completely different than it was just a few months ago when we saw him.
Hitting the stage soon after, Petty and the Heartbreakers kicked off their show with the first song off of their first album, “Rockin’ Around With You.”  Petty’s voice sounded excellent, the Heartbreakers were on the top of their game, they really connected with the audience and they were clearly having fun on stage – a very good evening.  We walked out wondering why it took us 40 years to see Petty live.
But I’m dreading the appointment next week with my Oncologist.  I’ve had a battery of tests, including a liver biopsy and bone scan.  Whatever is going on, I want real results.  I need forthright guidance from a professional and sadly I do not believe Dr. Knoble is the right doctor at this time.  We’ll see next week, but I believe a change may be coming.  When these appointments are imminent, I fall into an emotion that I can’t describe.  This visit should bring knowledge and a plan, but it’s also a milestone that can change everything.  The following week we go through the same thing- only then it will be Johnny with his Oncologist…what can you do?
So this weekend will be filled with more green smoothies, taking the dogs out on a late night walk so we can see the full moon tonight , sauna time and relaxing with Johnny.  Happy Weekend.  We love you all.



No comments:

Post a Comment