Friday, December 19, 2014

Heading toward a New Year




It’s another edition of Photo Friday, getting ready for Christmas and saying goodbye to 2014!

Wow! What a year 2014 has been. It seems every month was learning to live with a new normal.  The worst part was the uncertainty…unknown scary medical procedures, loss of body parts, many sleepless nights trying to peer into the future just to end up exhausted.  January ended the chemotherapy drama, February was mastectomy surgery.  March, April and into May were Proton radiation treatments in Chicago.  Then it was back to work and juggling constant doctor appointments. The Former Boyfriend and I received food, cards, gifts, and special things done all to cheer us up and for that we thank all of you.

 I’m so very grateful to be here and I’m feeling very good.  I know the Sword of Damocles still hangs over my head.  There is no cure for breast cancer and I’m so sad that friends I met this year are now angels.  When I was first diagnosed with cancer my original surgeon (not the one who actually ended up doing my surgery) gave me a book referencing women who had breast cancer and now live these Zen-like existences – grateful for their cancer experience.  For me that’s a big load of B.S.  Too often our lives in this world are overwhelmed, short-tempered and messy.  I’m hoping my metaphorical “job to be done” before I leave this earth is get the house cleaned.  Because if that’s my job – I’ll be here for a very long time!

But enough of that. News on the family front:  My Brother Paul’s birthday was the 18th. Happy Birthday.!!! Unfortunately the day was filled with doctor appointments due to last week’s heart attack, but the good news is he received positive reports from his Opthamologist and Neurologist.  Recovery is just going to be slower than he would like.

And finally, for those of you who knew Uncle Bub (Ralph).  He died Tuesday the 16th and the family had a private ceremony for him.

Merry Christmas, we love you all.

No comments:

Post a Comment