Saturday, December 13, 2014

Another follow up visit


On Friday I had my six month check up at the Proton Center in Chicago with Dr. Chang. And it was a very long day to have yet another doctor tell me that everything looks great, BUT why would I choose not to take aromatase inhibitors.  If you’ve followed the blog for any length of time I’ll save you that rant.  The main thing I’ve learned is I’m very, very grateful for my health and I’m really sick of the non-stop doctor appointments.  I’ve entered full bore into the maintenance phase.  It’s boring and very time consuming, but in the cancer world boring is as good as it ever gets.

I tried to surprise my friend Carrie.  I went to her office hoping I could shake her loose for a quick lunch before my appointment.  But the surprise was on me.  She doesn’t work on Friday so I had lunch at the Proton Center. 

I didn’t let the long trip to Chicago deter me, but Photo Friday did end up turning into photo Saturday.  But only this one time, I swear.  As always, thanks to all of you who play along.

And for news on the family front.  We received a call from Deb on Thursday morning.  My brother Paul was in the hospital.  He didn’t feel well at work on Wednesday and talked with his friend Wes (Wes also has had heart issues in the past).  Wes got Paul an aspirin and medical attention.  Paul has had a minor heart attack.  It was caught very early with hopefully very little damage.  But for a guy who works out and watches his diet and had been feeling great this is a big blow.  Please keep him in your prayers.


And here’s another Golden Rule to live by:

 

No comments:

Post a Comment