Tuesday, August 5, 2014

Fighting scar tissue




My surgery has resulted in the formation of a lot of scar tissue.  This scar tissue has the potential to spread in any direction including internally throughout the body. It can also restrict movement or function anywhere in the body from a joint to an organ.  The scar tissue and adhesions are the result of my body's natural healing process.  The process, if working correctly, is supposed to eliminate the scars and adhesions once the surgical incision is healed. In my case, I’m not breaking down the scar tissue. The adhered tissue continues to spread pulling my neck and shoulder out of alignment, and traveling down my right arm which is triggering a cascading effect of compensations throughout my body.

So I’m going for scar tissue release therapy.  The technique is simple, effective, and very painful.  I’m so grateful to my friend and Chiropractor Dr. Rodney Merritt who knows and applies these techniques…he tells me it doesn’t hurt him a bit!

Bruised forearm from tissue release

No comments:

Post a Comment