Saturday, August 2, 2014

A good week for a birthday



I’m still learning about Heart Rate Variability (HRV) and Heart Rate Recovery (HRR).  It’s complicated and entire books have been written about it, but as for the take home message, people with a higher rate of variability are considered healthier.  It sounds counter-intuitive, but the more dynamic the system the better it can react to external changes.  Currently my HRV is lower than it should be, I didn’t have any testing prior to chemotherapy so I don’t have an exact baseline…I just know I need to improve (fish, fasting, and more exercise a recurring theme in my life.)



And the quest of normalcy continues – Tuesday was my birthday and the Former Boyfriend surprised me with a pressure cooker/canner.  The perfect time of the year for one, now I just have to get busy with the garden produce.  I worked late on Tuesday so we loaded up the dogs as soon as I got home and headed for the Central Ohio All Breed Training Club.  Tillie & Rose did really good and all four of us had fun.



Wednesday we had dinner with our friends Billy & Lisa at Nicola’s Ristorante at the corner of Reed and Henderson.  I highly recommend it to anyone in the area and it was even more special because it was such a beautiful night to sit out on the patio.



Thursday, Paul and Deb made a quick stop in town.  They were headed further north to take in the Firestone Golf Tournament with Josh and Sarah.  But to keep the birthday celebration going we went to BJ’s for dinner and it was another excellent meal.  At this point I was getting really spoiled and it wasn’t over.



Friday night we went to the St. James brat festival.  It’s a yearly tradition for the church and for us.  We go with our neighbors Brian and Chris and end up seeing half of our neighborhood at the gathering.  The folks at St. James are known for their excellent homemade food, polka music and beer for those partaking (I drank the previous two nights and only had water). And St. James donates all the money they raise from the brat festival back into our community.  We enjoyed having all of these events to take in.



As for the rest of the weekend, I think we’ll take it easy around the house.  They’re calling for rain, so maybe we’ll catch up on some reading.  Thanks to all of you for the birthday wishes, we love you all.

Former boyfriend really did have a beer in his hand for this picture

No comments:

Post a Comment