Thursday, January 16, 2014

Trying to find just right



I’m feeling like Goldilocks and the Three Bears lately.  I’m still searching for the kindly doctor who will get me through my pending deconstruction surgery.  Surgeon #1 is kind and talented, but the facilities and staff are all wrong.  So Tuesday the 14th John and I drove to Surgeon #2’s office with great anticipation, heightened by the fact that he works at the James Cancer Center at OSU.  The office was perfect and so was the staff but Surgeon #2 was out and out frightening … He took my history in a less than pleasant and very hurried fashion.  He anticipated my answers and had very little patience for any questions… The Former Boyfriend and I could not sleep that night after our talk with him. He could possibly be the most talented surgeon in the world. He certainly seemed to have that opinion of himself. But I need to be comfortable with the person who's going to take me through this next step and that was certainly no way to start a relationship.

The next day I called my Oncologist and asked for a new referral. So now Monday morning the 20th we’re off to meet with Surgeon #3, who we hope will be just right.  She comes highly recommended by the Zangmeister Center. A number of their patients have clearly used her with good results. The folks at Zangmeister have been wonderful so we’re really hoping this doctor and her staff are also.

No comments:

Post a Comment