Thursday, January 2, 2014

One more to go



Well I’m down to one last toxic poison cocktail.  Then hopefully we can close the door on at least this chapter of our journey. Johnny and I were up at 5:00am this morning because our appointment time was half an hour earlier today than it usually is.  And on top of that it was snowing, slowing all of the freeways in town.

We had a wonderful start to New Years Eve.  We finalized plans to see my brother Paul and Sister in law Deb in Florida for a couple of days.  After that we talked with our friends Tiki and Alan in Australia for about 40 minutes.  It’s so sad that such great friends are so far away.  After that the Former Boyfriend grilled lobster tails and we had roasted root vegetables to go with them – and we had a bottle of wine from our Ausie friends that we were going to crack open for midnight.  As I was eating this scrumptious meal a large filling gave way.  I spent the rest of the night sulking and stuffing bee’s wax into the hole to protect my tooth.  Maybe we’ll have the wine for Valentine’s Day.  No telling when my dentist will make it back into the office.  Just what I didn’t want at this point, yet another doctor’s appointment.

Oh well, I’m giving my Former Boyfriend the night off of posting again.  At this moment ( 8:00 pm) he is plowing our driveway and will be plowing out the car lot after that.  Another typical January in Ohio…makes that trip to see Paul and Deb even sweeter. :)

We still have not been able to completely figure out the comment section on the blog – just not enough time in the day.  So thank you all for the prayers, cards, letters and emails, they mean the world to us.

No comments:

Post a Comment