Friday, July 21, 2017

Summer flying by

Are we really two thirds of the way through July? Say it isn't so. Lots of people hitting the road. Last weekend Jodi and her husband John were in town with their granddaughter Lexi. This weekend Paul and Deb are up for a long weekend visit. (Where they come from makes our current heat and humidity look downright pleasant). Looks like the former boyfriend and I have to get some road trips underway ourselves. Johnny's itching to go I can tell. Now that full time work is a thing of the past he got to play with the RV this week, doing all those guy things that only he can really love (although I do appreciate it). And since I've been off work we both don't understand anyone who finds retirement boring. Seems like we are busier now than we were when we worked full time! I still have way more that I want to do than I have time to actually accomplish.

Medically I finished the week with an appointment to see our primary care physician. Dr Lemay is on board with all the alternative paths we've been taking. So many doctors dismiss it out of hand, as if nothing has value unless it comes from the laboratories of a massive pharmaceutical company. Example: I have a weighted vest on the way. The extra weight helps build bone density. And imagine this it doesn't have any side effects, unlike the poison my former oncologist wanted to inflict on me. 

Hope everyone has a great weekend. One of the must do chores this weekend is to brave the heat long enough to pull some weeks, not to mention the onions. (garlic and shallots are already out and drying).  Weeds are never ending. 

downtown at the splash park



No comments:

Post a Comment