Friday, March 4, 2016

Keeping perspective



Sometimes I’m tempted to use this space to moan and groan about cancer.  Occasionally I give in.  But looking at our situations Johnny and I are not really sick.  And when I think about it, we’ve never really ever been sick. We've remained strong and healthy ironically enough, even though dealing with cancer.

That’s not to say that chemo hasn’t kicked the crap out of us- with low blood counts and low energy.  Right now Johnny is having a couple of chemo days per cycle that leave him exhausted and feeling the toll on his body.  It’s not easy, but he does bounce back quickly after his hyperbaric oxygen treatments and a few “puke pills”.  He is still working six days per week.  We do enjoy the support of Billy- a true, true friend throughout this ordeal.

To me, Johnny is grace under pressure.  There are stats if you believe them that 50% of small businesses don’t survive.  Johnny is making his business work while undergoing chemo.  He inspires me to live strong, exercise and enjoy our time together every day.
Have a great weekend, it's almost spring

No comments:

Post a Comment