Friday, November 13, 2015

Some good results, and more work to do



The best doctors are the ones that partner with you.  I’m so very lucky to have Dr. Kanodia on my side.  Tuesday we went over my latest test results and here are the findings.  He checked six different methylation pathways and to his great surprise all six pathways were in the normal range.  Not much more to say there.

Unfortunately I had several functional vitamin deficiencies meaning that even though I take vitamins my body is not absorbing them.  Asparagine, Vitamin A, Calcium, Selenium, Vitamin E, and Vitamin K2 (and that is just the preliminary report.) So we’ve made additional changes and added probiotics into the mix of supplements that I take.

here's what that looks like on paper

One of the not so secret fears of anyone with a life threatening illness is that somehow, somewhere, there is some treatment that is better that what you’re currently doing, can access or afford.  I troll the internet just like anyone else, but at least I have Dr. Kanodia to talk to about some of the latest findings.  And he always comes back to everyday choices – how much I workout, what I eat/and don’t eat, and trying to keep a positive attitude along with monitoring my progress with the latest testing.

And now changing gears…November is National Hospice and Palliative Care Month.  Cancer and its treatment have made me think a lot about mortality.  Sometimes it feels very powerless.  But by determining what I don’t want (intubation, chest tubes, forced feeding, IV’s) I am quickly defining more about how I will live the rest of my life.  The National Hospice Collation encourages everyone to write out your own last chapter.  Think it through, write it down and make sure your family knows your wishes.  It’s your life and it will – hopefully much later than sooner also be your death.  Sorry, I didn’t mean to sound so morose.

  As far as working out I have found the work of Dr. Eric Goodman.  He’s a chiropractor with his undergraduate degrees in physiology and nutrition.  Here is the link to his website http://www.foundationtraining.com.  Using his 10 minute workout I feel stronger and more flexible than I have been in a long time and it’s been great for my posture.  I hope some of you will give it a try.

We’re having a quiet weekend around the house.  We hope all of you have a great weekend planned.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment