Friday, October 9, 2015

It's all a crock



Greetings and Welcome to October my favorite month. Except it's been hijacked by the Breast Cancer Awareness Month mantra. Every year more and more companies jump on the cancer bandwagon with their pink ribbon products.

Always Remember:
1) A pink ribbon on a product does not mean money is going to cancer research or to patients with cancer.  Companies are making a fortune out of fear, distortion and the social media craze.
2) “Save the Tatas” and other such promotions are nothing but demeaning insults to the patients and families actually going through cancer treatment.
3) As I’ve said before, if you really want to help someone with breast cancer here are a few ideas: be there emotionally and talk with them, or help financially. Or if you’re close by help with household chores or give them a ride to treatment.  This is true of cancer or any other serious disease.

Moving on, I had an appointment with Dr. Kanodia this week.  My blood work looks good and has improved since my last appointment, but I’m still not in the optimal range so we’ve adjusted my supplements and I had another blood draw for some new tests.  I go back in six weeks to see if these changes move my numbers closer to the optimal range.

Enjoy the weekend. I’ll see some of you in Cleveland on Sunday.  We love ya, thanks for all the support.

Really neat place in the Upper Peninsula
 

No comments:

Post a Comment