Friday, April 10, 2015

If it hadn't rained so much it would have been perfect



I’ll start this week’s photo Friday off with a little family news first.  It’s been a good week.  The Former Boyfriend and I got up early and watched the “Blood Moon” lunar eclipse on the 4th.  We had the perfect view through our kitchen windows.  We read that it was better on the west coast, but we loved the view right here at home.

In other family news, Nephew Jaden took his first flight with our cousin Thom.  Thank you so much Thom for your time and kindness – Jaden is enthralled.  We see a new pilot in the family soon.

The Former Boyfriend and I spent some time Easter weekend with Jake, Elizabeth, Caroline and Lauren – here’s a photo for the Florida Grandparents…Speaking of which…Deb hit a HOLE IN ONE!!!  Congrats on the achievement/good luck.


And then on the 6th I had my appointment with Dr. Kanodia.  He was pleased with my latest blood tests but found that I have blastocystis hominis (bad bacteria) in my GI tract.  This is most likely due to the suppression of my immune system from chemotherapy.  Right now he has me on two medications and is researching the possibility of adding a third medication.  I also tested positive for heavy metal toxicity.  I was off the charts for lead and mercury so once the blastocystis hominis is taken care of (2 – 3 months) Dr. Kanodia will start me on a heavy metal detox.  And this week I  repeat my HCG test.  My results were “Slightly Positive” the first time- results take a couple of weeks to come back. It’s not fun, but all-in-all not a bad appointment.

Then last night we had a short visit with Mary Jo and Brian.  They were passing through and spent the night with us.  It was great to see them and we’re all hoping that we get to spend more time together this summer. 

No comments:

Post a Comment