Sunday, February 15, 2015

Spring is just around the corner, right?



Good morning from our blustery home.  Holy $#%& is it cold out there!  We have Floridians Paul and Deb visiting for the first meeting with their new Granddaughter Lauren.  If we had any hope of getting them to move back to Ohio it’s completely gone with this visit.  It was 72 and sunny when they left Florida, right now it is 0 here with a Canadian wind of about 20mph.

Our dogs Tillie & Rose are camped out by the fireplace and days like this make me want to curl up with a good book and nap as well.  This week marks the one year anniversary of Tillie’s 6 days on the lamb.  I’ve always felt her return has had a lot to do with my cancer recovery and now I have research to prove this.  Therapy dogs improve the well being of cancer patients:  here’s the link.


My meeting with Dr. Kanodia on Tuesday went well.  I have more testing to do.  Currently everything in my testing looks good. He is happy with my progress but just to make sure he isn’t missing anything we’ll do some extra tests.  He’s the only doctor that I have that looks at everything…I am so fortunate to have him as a physician and a friend.

My brother Paul will be getting new glasses in the next couple of weeks.  After that he will be allowed to drive again.  Gaining back that freedom will be a huge step on his road to recovery as will his trips to cardiac rehab.

So to all of our friends and family who are also dealing with this wild weather…the Former Boyfriend and I hope you are warm and have a cup of hot chocolate nearby until all of this nastiness is behind us.
The girls by the fire

A visit to the office by some Blue Jackets (including stud center Ryan Johansen)

No comments:

Post a Comment