Friday, November 14, 2014

More bad news for peanuts



It’s photo Friday!  It’s been a good week and I have to say that these photo sessions are really keeping my workouts on track better than anything that I’ve ever tried before.  As always, thanks for all the support.
Tuesday I had an appointment with my Primary Care Physician, Dr. Dana Kromer.  We’re waiting for all of the tests to come back but right now things look good.  Of course there are a couple more tests that I need and she was unable to do them in her office.  There always are more tests, but I think this is a long winded way of saying that my doctors are running out of things to check.  Hopefully 2015 I will have a lot fewer appointments and I can put this blog to rest for awhile.
And on the cancer front…this is just in: The first study to examine the effects of compounds in peanuts on the spread of cancer has been published and the results show serious consequences for cancer patients who eat peanuts/peanut butter.
There is a protein in peanuts called peanut agglutinin (PNA).  This protein fuels the spread of tumors according the researchers at the University of Liverpool who released the study.  Dr. Lugang Yu, one of the study’s authors reports that PNA binds to cancer cells that have spread to the blood, helping them form clusters and stick to the lining of blood vessels.  And since most cancers metastasize to distant areas of the body by traveling through the bloodstream…I will no longer be eating peanut products.  What a bummer, I love peanut butter. (but I switched to cashew butter a long time ago)
And here’s a quote from William Saroyan I saw this week and loved…here it is:  "Try to learn to breathe deeply, really to taste food when you eat, and when you sleep, really to sleep. Try as much as possible to be wholly alive, with all your might, and when you laugh, laugh like hell, and when you get angry, get good and angry. Try to be alive.  You will be dead soon enough."
On that note all I have to say is have a great weekend and GO BUCKS!


 

No comments:

Post a Comment