Thursday, December 19, 2013

Merry Christmas Everyone!



Jake, Elizabeth their beautiful daughter Caroline have invited John and I to spend a little time at their house on Christmas Day.  We’re looking forward to seeing them and getting out of the house for awhile.  Due to cold/flu season we’ve been staying in and away from people in general. Chemo just does a number on white blood cells and they’re the key to the immune system.

Our day started at 5:30 am and is just now slowing down at 8:00pm. Johnny’s been busy this week so I’m giving him a little time off from the blog.  I don’t know what I would do without him.  He helps so much around the house and it’s good just knowing he’s here if I need anything.  The greatest gift is that he’s here.  So often there’s really nothing he can do for me.  And because of steroids, I can get a little testy. Only three more chemo treatments, three more iv doses of steroids and Benadryl with a poison chaser.


Crisis and mystery, joy and redemption, all around the corner – Jon Katz

No comments:

Post a Comment